What makes us unique:
1) Lean organization - Currently 100% of funds raised support sarcoma-related programs
2) Transparency - BeatSarcoma publishes all relevant information ranging from projects currently being funded to financial statements through research results and achievements.
3) Focus - In order to reach efficiencies of scale and a greater impact, BeatSarcoma is focused on sarcoma-related issues.
4) Global coverage - Sarcoma recognizes no border and BeatSarcoma works across all of them. We have volunteers in many countries and support patients and programs around the world.
5) Relevance - BeatSarcoma works closely with renowned sarcoma physicians and researchers on its medical advisory board to identify high impact un-funded projects. We will be funding what we believe are the most promising and far-reaching programs, regardless of where it is hosted.
At BeatSarcoma we recognize your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not give, sell, rent, or loan any identifiable personal information to any third party, unless approved or requested by you, or unless we are legally required to do so. We may distribute your email address and name to external service(s) who would manage communication for us. They will not sell or distribute your information to any other party. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from such services. Instructions to unsubscribe will be included in each message. We may share non-personal, summary or aggregate customer data with certain partners and other third parties.
Links to Other Sites
Our website contains links to other sites. Please note that when you use these links, you are entering a site for which BeatSarcoma bears no responsibility. We cannot guarantee the same level of privacy and security and recommend that you read the privacy policies of these sites.
Other Third Parties
Donation and financial policy
BeatSarcoma allows donors to be specific in how their donations are to be used. When you are ready to donate money, you can specify one of these four categories. If you contribute to a specific fundraising campaign, program or event and do not specify anything, the funds will be earmarked as 'For the Cause'. A general donation which is not specified as to purpose will be considered 'unrestricted'.
You can find more detail about these categories below. If you have any questions, you can email our
1) Unrestricted - these funds may be used for any legitimate organizational purpose: While we strive to keep overhead as low as possible, there are certain unavoidable expenses incurred in maintaining BeatSarcoma, Inc. (such as the professional help necessary in our tax filings). We greatly appreciate assistance in defraying these expenses and promise to treat your donations responsibly.
2) Sponsorship and seed - donations for a specific purpose, generally sponsorship or seed money for events. General Seed money for events is generally expected to be recovered and used for future events, while sponsorship is often promised to go "100% to the Cause" when it exceeds event expenses.
3) "For the Cause" donations and proceeds - these funds are subject to our "100% to the Cause" promise
4) Endowment - as we intend to create a lasting organization, we anticipate the need for a permanent endowment. The income from this endowment will be used to fund things like significant capital expenses, recurring grants or scholarships, etc.
Where funding is found to be in excess of organizational requirements (particularly "Unrestricted" or "Seed" funds), it may be used directly in research or other "100% to the cause" activities unless that would conflict with a specific commitment to a donor. BeatSarcoma discloses how it has earned income and disbursed funds on at least an annual basis. Low overhead and transparency are our promise to you!
Last updated December 2008